FCI Technical Support
Instructions on Putting Your Web Page On-Line
The first thing you need to do is write the pages:
There are several programs out on the Internet that allow for fairly easy writing of HTML pages.
For PCs, click on the icon to the right to go to the S.S.I.T.E. by David K. Tshudy list of
(WARNING: The S.S.I.T.E. is a popular site, it may take a while.)
For Macs, here are a few:
After you have written your pages....
- Using an FTP program like WS_FTP for Windows or
Fetch for Macintosh, connect to fishbone.com using your username and password.
- When you connect, you will be in YOUR directory on fishbone.com.
- Send the files to your web directory.
- In order for your page to be accessed, the front page must be named index.html so you need to rename your main file to index.html
If your main page is not renamed to index.html, the above address will simply list the files in your html directory. This may or may not be what you prefer, but creating an index.html will allow some of your home pages to be hidden from public view.
- Now your page is ready to be accessed via the Internet. To get to the page, the URL or address is
On-line references for HTML code
To have your name added to the list of users with hompages on-line, drop a line to Adam Fishman about adding you name to the homepage list.
If you have any questions reguarding putting your home page on line, feel free to drop a line to firstname.lastname@example.org with Home Page in the subject line for additional support. Thank you, and have fun!
Or if you would like to use a form e-mail that I am working on, click Here